Our hours of operation are Monday – Friday 7am – 6pm, and Saturday by appointment.
This is solely dependent in the condition. Generally you should not experience uncomfortable pain during the treatments and the expectations will be discussed following the initial evaluation. Some muscle soreness might be experienced, but this does not mean your condition is getting worse. Our objective is to make your recovery as comfortable as possible.
Please be prepared for the following upon your initial appointment:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time to complete required initial paperwork
- Bring your physical therapy prescription/referral (if applicable)
- Bring your insurance card and picture identification
- Wearing appropriate and comfortable clothing is recommended
- Evaluation appointment should last between 45 minutes to 1 hour
Your first visit begins with our physical therapist performing a detailed assessment which includes discussing your medical history and overall health valuation. A physical examination is conducted to assess your range of motion, posture, flexibility, strength, ability to perform special functional tasks, and more.
Because you are the primary focus of our care, your active participation is imperative to a successful rehabilitation program. The following guidelines are highly recommended to enhance the achievement of your goals:
- Follow through with any prescribed home exercise program
- Report any significant changes in symptoms, medications, and function
- Keep all scheduled appointments
- Arrive on time to all appointments to provide maximum time with your therapist
Using information gathered from the evaluation, you will be informed in an understanding manner about your condition, findings, and the established treatment plan along with therapy goals to assist you to achieve recovery as quickly and safe as possible. Please note that the required visits depend on your condition, past medical history, prior level of function, evaluation findings, and the professional medical opinion of both your physical therapist and physician.
Treatment sessions vary, typically ranging from 45 to 75 minutes depending on the condition and therapeutic interventions required to assist with your recovery.
To make the most of your physical therapy treatments, we recommend you wear comfortable loose fitting clothing (sweatpants, shorts, t-shirt, etc.) that allow freedom of movement and allow easy access of the area to be evaluated. For example, shorts are a good choice for a knee or ankle condition.
Your appointment means that time is reserved just for you. If you need to cancel, kindly give 24 hours notice in order to allow another patient to be treated during that designated time frame.
We contract with many insurance companies, including Medicare, that support our mission to provide quality patient care while engaging in an ethical and professional business manner. We generally accept most major carriers. Contact our office if you are unsure or if we are not listed in your directory as we are constantly trying to participate in additional insurance plans.
Absolutely. As a patient, you have the right to request a physical therapist or location of your choice. However, some insurance plans can dictate the facility due to certain restrictions in your plan.
Under Florida legislation. Direct Access means the following:
- Immediate evaluation and treatments from your physical therapist for your condition without delay of visiting another healthcare professional.
- Immediate consultation with your physical therapist to determine if therapy is needed or if further examination by another healthcare professional is warranted.
- Freedom to choose a physical therapist as you would a physician, dentist or any other healthcare professional.
In Florida, Direct Access legislation allows you to schedule a physical therapy evaluation and treatment for a twenty-one (21) day period WITHOUT a physician’s referral. However some insurance plans require a physician’s prescription or referral first. Please contact our office if you have additional questions regarding direct access. If your insurance does mandate this requirement, you still have the right to receive therapy from the physical therapist of your choice. Let your physician know if needed.
Below are some of the more commonly treated conditions by us:
- Joint Pain (shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, hip, knee, ankle, foot)
- Neck and Back Pain
- Any Injury due to Fall or Trauma
- Arthritic Conditions
- Balance Deficits, Dizziness or Vestibular Impairments
- Muscle Weakness or Fatigue
- Difficulty Walking
- Post-Surgical Rehabilitation
- Joint Replacements (shoulder, elbow, hip, knee)
- Sports Injuries
- Motor Vehicle Injuries
- Work Related Injuries
- Muscle Strains/Sprains
- Neurological Disorders
- Brain Injury
- SCI (spinal cord injury)
- Developmental Delay
Statistics and research has shown nearly everyone will require physical therapy services at some point in their life. We are all responsibly for taking our health condition for granted until we experience injury or disease that affects our ability to move pain free. At that time we begin to appreciate our physical health. As healthcare providers and experts on musculoskeletal health, we encourage everyone to make a commitment to your long term physical health. Maintaining your physical health is not a passive endeavor, but rather than active lifelong commitment. Physical therapy remains your best choice for prevention, management, and rehabilitation of your injury or illness.
Physical therapy is the health care profession of using various treatment methods performed by a licensed health care professional to resolve various musculoskeletal and neurological conditions that have interfered with your normal lifestyle. Evidence based interventions are determined after an initial evaluation. These interventions include therapeutic exercise, manual therapeutic techniques, joint mobilization, soft tissue mobilization, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, cold therapy, moist heat, and more. In turn, one can restore independence and provide individuals with means to return to work, play, family and take advantage of all life has to offer.